Closing Chord: The Sequel

Why does the sky blush so much?
Why? Because he is a cinnamon peeler unrivaled?
Because of this?
To be specific,
the fragrance of freshly washed alone is enough
to sway the senses;
outside, pigeons are the first to comprehend.
Subsequently, an umbrella of hues
upon fall of society
spout, nonetheless, remember courage
blossoms from within.
I am sometimes loud as percussion;
as a result,
I curse strawberries when the clouds are in sight!
Last of all, I was never fond of sleep.
Glass-like stillness reverberating,
the kind that takes over
in a second during the clarity of empty hours—
just as important.
They go unnoticed by so many.

Photo credits: Pinterest.

Laura hosts at dVerse and invites us to compose a found poem using
the first lines
of our own poetry from the first poem of each month
posted in 2022. Come join us! 💘

List of Poems in respective order of their composition:

Beautifully Bound – January 4, 2022
If Breath is First – February 3, 2022
The Cure for a restless heart is Laundry – March 1, 2022
On Courage: A Comment on the ebb and flow within
-April 5, 2022
Soliloquy – How to eat a Strawberry – May 10, 2022
Summer with feigned sympathy for the feeling – June 2, 2022
Won’t you celebrate with me? July 11, 2022
Untitled (August soft and loud and ruling) August 2, 2022
On the rooftop unbroken by city, wheel and unripe hope
-September 15, 2022
A Scarlet Pause exists between Cirrus Clouds and City
-October 4, 2022
Cocktails with Morpheus – November 8, 2022
Closing Chord – December 1, 2022

List of lines taken from the poems in respective order:

Why does the sky blush so much?
I am sometimes loud as percussion.
The fragrance of freshly washed alone is enough
to sway the senses.
Remember; courage blossoms from within.
I curse strawberries when the clouds are in sight.
They go unnoticed by so many.
The clarity of empty hours.
Glass-like stillness reverberating, the kind that
takes over in a second.
Pigeons are the first to comprehend.
An umbrella of hues upon fall of society spout.
I was never fond of sleep.
He is a cinnamon peeler; unrivaled.

Posted for MTB: Finding it First @dVerse Poets Pub

Comments

1. You had some sensational lines to patch together Sanaa- the pigeons, strawberries and “the fragrance of freshly washed alone is enough
    to sway the senses;” – the image does that too!

Awww gosh! Thank you so much, Laura 😀 so glad you enjoyed it! 💄❤️

(and thank you for the glorious prompt) 🥂

2. Björn says:

I couldn’t imagine that these found lines would go so well together, they go together so consistently with your own unique voice. The connection between the blushing sky and the clouds really seems to come from one single poem

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Bjorn 😀 so glad the poem resonated with you 💄❤️ It took me a while to compose this .. tried different variations and finally settled on this one 🙂

3. Grace says:

Admire how it all falls seamlessly together, in a flowing sequence. I adore the personification in these lines:
    I am sometimes loud as percussion;
    as a result,
    I curse strawberries when the clouds are in sight!

Awww gosh! Thank you so much, Grace 😀 so glad you enjoyed it 💄❤️

4. Gillena says:

Bravo. Nice set.
    Best Wishes for 2023

Much❤love

Thank you so much, Gillena 😀 so glad you liked it 💄❤️

Much love back ..

5. Very nice combination, Sanaa! The lines work well together!

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Dwight 😀 so glad the poem and its imagery appealed to you 💄❤️

6. Your poetry is always so beautiful Sanaa. Even when it is “found” from your previous poems it still reads so brilliantly ☺️❤️

1. Sanaa says:

Awww gosh! Thank you so much, Christine 😀 that’s very kind of you to say so! 💄❤️

7. rob kistner says:

“Glass-like stillness reverberating,
    the kind that takes over
    in a second during the clarity of empty hours—
    just as important.
    They go unnoticed by so many.“
    Excellent assemblage with these closing first lines Sanaa, most captivating… 🙂✌🏼❣️

Thank you so much, Rob 😀 so glad the poem resonated with you 💄❤️

8. I love the way the lines are linked together by hints of colour: in the blushing sky, the cinnamon peeler, the ‘umbrella of hues’ and the strawberries, a beautiful coincidence in a found poem, Sanaa! I also love the combination of lines that resulted in:
    ‘Glass-like stillness reverberating,
    the kind that takes over
    in a second during the clarity of empty hours’.

Awwww gosh! Thank you so much, Kim 😍 so glad you enjoyed it! 💄❤️

9. Kerfe says:

This is just the way thoughts travel through the mind. wonderful!

Thank you so much, Kerfe 😀 so glad you liked it 💄❤️

10. Much has already been said about this masterpiece , so I’ll just say, Thanks Sanaa, for all the work you’ve put in this.

Thank you so much, Mrityunjay 😀 so glad you enjoyed it 💄❤️

11. msjadeli says:

I like how comprehend and within rhyme. Beautiful image you chose to go with your poem!

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Lisa 😀 so glad the poem and its imagery appealed to you 💄❤️

12. Outstanding imagery and never more evocative than in this compilation! Enjoyed! 👏👏

Thank you so much, Tricia 😀 it wasn’t easy to accomplish this one!! 💄❤️

13. lillian says:

If I didn’t know because of the prompt, I would not know this is a “found poem”. These lines I find especially wonderful:
    “I am sometimes loud as percussion;
    as a result,
    I curse strawberries when the clouds are in sight!
    Last of all, I was never fond of sleep.
    Glass-like stillness reverberating,
    the kind that takes over
    in a second during the clarity of empty hours—
    just as important.
    They go unnoticed by so many.”

Awww gosh! Thank you so much, Lillian 😀 so glad you enjoyed it 💄❤️