The calm within the chaos

Talk what you please of future spring and sun-warm’d sweet to-morrow; I sit here
by myself observing bouts of sophistication and snow that melt, there is much to
observe, as the day deepens, and emotions take their toll on human psyche.

How is it that hush of seduction wins every time? I find; I am lost, in determination
of hazel-brown eyes that never break their gaze, urging me live, in a way that it
becomes impossible for others to require terms and conditions.

My promises I have kept, bearing in mind the consequences, I’m mindful of what
needs to be done; what needs to done. I, like you was born to be free and wild,
real men it’s said, need not women to be weaker than them.

Photo credits: Kal Gajoum Painting, Pinterest.

Posted for Prosery: When it comes to Christina Rossetti @dVerse Poets Pub

Comments

1. lillian says:

Real men need real women….partners to share in each others’ lives. Partners in all ways. Yes.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Lillian πŸ˜€ so glad you liked it πŸ’„β€οΈ

I think strong women and strong women working together is the best that life can bring… love your musings.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Bjorn πŸ˜€ so glad the prose piece resonated with you πŸ’„β€οΈ

3. Gillena Cox says:

“urging me live” is deep empathy to what is happening in Uraine now, Sanaa

MuchπŸ’œlove

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Gillena πŸ˜€ so glad you liked it πŸ’„β€οΈ

Much love back..

4. Mish says:

Oh, I especially love this line….”I sit here by myself observing bouts of sophistication and snow that melt”. There are layers to this piece and I liked peeling.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Mish πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ

5. Only a weak egocentric bully seeks out weak women. The women in my life have all been ass-kickers, intelligent, strong-willed, and passionate.

1. Sanaa says:

Absolutely! Thank you so much, Glenn πŸ˜€ so glad the prose piece resonated with you πŸ’„β€οΈ

6. real men it’s said, need not women to be weaker than them.

Amen, Sister!

David

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, David πŸ˜€ so good to see you πŸ’„β€οΈ

7. This is powerful! That last sentence really nailed this piece!

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Colleen πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ

8. Dwight Roth says:

Wonderful Sanaa! You are exactly right… Enhance each other’s strengths and both become better people!

9. Love the title and the idea that we can reflect on love and passion while acknowledging the chaos all around. The last sentence is so empowering! πŸ‘πŸ‘

10. Tzvi Fievel says:

favorite line:
    “My promises I have kept, bearing in mind the consequences.”
    This speaks of integrity.

11. So true, Sanaa! Wonderful and well-said (especially that last line). πŸ’™

12. msjadeli says:

Relationships are so complicated, if you find one that clicks you are blessed.

13. Thought-provoking! Love the last line especially!

14. Reena Saxena says:

“How is it that we are able to shine a light through darkness of reality every time?” I will dwell on this thought today.

15. Punam says:

That is a very powerful last line of a very evocative write, Sanaa! ❀️❀️

16. Ain Starlingsson says:

Oooooh…you got that right! What a last line! Love it! Here too there are bouts of sophistication, for Ukrainians refuse to dress slovenly, not matter the circumstances, and it is “interesting” to be jn a country where women will not speak badly of their men, who are fighting for the future of their country, but so are women, so are women.

17. Helen says:

I have lived many decades and know what you write (beautifully) is quite true. Strength in a woman is quite the aphrodisiac!