One last innocent glance before I drink from the liqueur glass

As I would bite into the ripeness of plums;
so, would I attempt to pave my way into your breastโ€”
your breath would catch
as night moves closer to the inception of dawn;
so much of you is already written
into my soul.
A smile, a glimpse into hurrying possibilities;
the long, lush
and riotous reeds of your untamed desire would part,
igniting the skyโ€”
the contour of your torso is nothing less than enigmatic;
it requires attention,
wind-blown kisses tinged with a willingness to explore;
for when we touch
even in the slightest, hushed and most insignificant way,
I am lifted.

Photo credits: Pinterest

Skylover Wordlist: Enigmatic (words found and used after
scrambling are) Tame, ignite, tinge ๐Ÿ’

Posted for Writers’ Pantry @ Poets and Storytellers Unitedย

Comments

1. What can I say? Breathtakingly beautiful as always. Your writing invites superlatives!

Thank you so much, Rosemary ๐Ÿ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

2. Thotpurge says:

Nice to hear the audio as well, Sanaa…

1. Eric Erb says:

โ€œ even in the slightest, hushed and most insignificant way,
      I am liftedโ€

Sanaa I hope I never meet you in person, I would surely melt as soon as you start speaking! While you can bring a lush sensuality to even the most mundane subjects, in this I was wondering if you have an actual love or if this was dreamscape. Clearly this was a foolish notion on my part! You know about the importance of touch, you are grounded in the body, and this ending is just… wow.

1. Sanaa says:

Oh gosh that is such high praise! Thank you so much, Eric ๐Ÿ˜€ so glad you liked it ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

PS: I have an actual love, yes ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Rajani ๐Ÿ˜€ so good to see you ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

3. vandana sharma says:

Sensuous…………………………………want to keep drinking from that glass………………..

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

4. I love the shift from innocence to naughtiness in the title, Sanaa, and I especially love the lines:
    โ€˜the long, lush
    and riotous reeds of your untamed desire would part,
    igniting the skyโ€™
    and
    โ€˜wind-blown kisses tinged with a willingness to exploreโ€™.

Thank you so much, Kim ๐Ÿ˜€ so glad the poem resonated with you ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

5. As always, your poetry is beautiful, romantic and melodious. I enjoy your audios too. <3

Thank you so much, Khaya ๐Ÿ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

This is certainly your forte, the passion and sensous romance. Another hot one

Happy Sunday

Much๐Ÿ’–love

Thank you so much, Gillena ๐Ÿ™‚ so glad you liked it ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

Happy Sunday to you too!
      much love …

Humans do tend to be much more adventurous in their actions which I suppose why we think we are more important than other creatures. Yes, we have excelled in touching over the centuries and sharing gifts is another so we do have some good points!

Thank you so much, Robin ๐Ÿ™‚ so glad the poem resonated with you ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

8. You had me a ripe plums but even before that: bite. I also like the internal rhyme of “touch even the slightest, hushed. “

Thank you so much, Colleen ๐Ÿ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

9. Astonishing things happen when we find someone who has already been written into our soul.

Absolutely ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for stopping by, MMT ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

10. ooh this was deliciously written. thanks Sanaa for the delightful read. hehe.

Thank you so much, Humblekind Poet ๐Ÿ™‚ so glad you liked it ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

I remember young love and the thrill of discovery of a lover’s landscape. Thankfully thrills remain even though I am a frequent visitor of my beloved’s.

Thank you so much, Rommy ๐Ÿ˜€ so glad the poem resonated with you ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

12. Yup! You excel at this Sanaa–gorgeous write

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

13. So vividly passionate and coated with good old longing. One can almost see it all happening. Maybe that explains my sudden need for a fan *cough*.

Thank you so much, Magaly ๐Ÿ™‚ so glad you enjoyed it ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

14. Erotic ad passionate. You do it so well!

Thank you so much, Beverly ๐Ÿ™‚ so glad you liked it ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

15. ayala says:

You had me at…so much of you is already written
    into my soul. A passionate piece.

Thank you so much, Ayala ๐Ÿ˜€ so good to see you ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ

16. “for when we touch
    even in the slightest, hushed and most insignificant way,
    I am lifted.”
    You must be so in tuned with your love, enjoy (and congratulations)

Thank you so much, Joel ๐Ÿ˜€ so glad the poem resonated with you ๐Ÿ’„โค๏ธ