One last innocent glance before I drink from the liqueur glass

As I would bite into the ripeness of plums;
so, would I attempt to pave my way into your breastβ€”
your breath would catch
as night moves closer to the inception of dawn;
so much of you is already written
into my soul.
A smile, a glimpse into hurrying possibilities;
the long, lush
and riotous reeds of your untamed desire would part,
igniting the skyβ€”
the contour of your torso is nothing less than enigmatic;
it requires attention,
wind-blown kisses tinged with a willingness to explore;
for when we touch
even in the slightest, hushed and most insignificant way,
I am lifted.

Photo credits: Pinterest

Skylover Wordlist: Enigmatic (words found and used after
scrambling are) Tame, ignite, tinge πŸ’

Posted for Writers’ Pantry @ Poets and Storytellers UnitedΒ

34 thoughts on “One last innocent glance before I drink from the liqueur glass

1. What can I say? Breathtakingly beautiful as always. Your writing invites superlatives!

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Rosemary πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ

2. Thotpurge says:

Nice to hear the audio as well, Sanaa…

1. Eric Erb says:

β€œ even in the slightest, hushed and most insignificant way,
      I am lifted”

Sanaa I hope I never meet you in person, I would surely melt as soon as you start speaking! While you can bring a lush sensuality to even the most mundane subjects, in this I was wondering if you have an actual love or if this was dreamscape. Clearly this was a foolish notion on my part! You know about the importance of touch, you are grounded in the body, and this ending is just… wow.

1. Sanaa says:

Oh gosh that is such high praise! Thank you so much, Eric πŸ˜€ so glad you liked it πŸ’„β€οΈ

PS: I have an actual love, yes πŸ™‚

2. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Rajani πŸ˜€ so good to see you πŸ’„β€οΈ

3. vandana sharma says:

Sensuous…………………………………want to keep drinking from that glass………………..

❀️❀️❀️

4. I love the shift from innocence to naughtiness in the title, Sanaa, and I especially love the lines:
    β€˜the long, lush
    and riotous reeds of your untamed desire would part,
    igniting the sky’
    and
    β€˜wind-blown kisses tinged with a willingness to explore’.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Kim πŸ˜€ so glad the poem resonated with you πŸ’„β€οΈ

5. As always, your poetry is beautiful, romantic and melodious. I enjoy your audios too. <3

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Khaya πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ

This is certainly your forte, the passion and sensous romance. Another hot one

Happy Sunday

MuchπŸ’–love

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Gillena πŸ™‚ so glad you liked it πŸ’„β€οΈ

Happy Sunday to you too!
      much love …

Humans do tend to be much more adventurous in their actions which I suppose why we think we are more important than other creatures. Yes, we have excelled in touching over the centuries and sharing gifts is another so we do have some good points!

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Robin πŸ™‚ so glad the poem resonated with you πŸ’„β€οΈ

8. You had me a ripe plums but even before that: bite. I also like the internal rhyme of “touch even the slightest, hushed. “

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Colleen πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ

9. Astonishing things happen when we find someone who has already been written into our soul.

1. Sanaa says:

Absolutely πŸ™‚ thanks for stopping by, MMT πŸ’„β€οΈ

10. ooh this was deliciously written. thanks Sanaa for the delightful read. hehe.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Humblekind Poet πŸ™‚ so glad you liked it πŸ’„β€οΈ

I remember young love and the thrill of discovery of a lover’s landscape. Thankfully thrills remain even though I am a frequent visitor of my beloved’s.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Rommy πŸ˜€ so glad the poem resonated with you πŸ’„β€οΈ

12. Yup! You excel at this Sanaa–gorgeous write

❀️❀️❀️

13. So vividly passionate and coated with good old longing. One can almost see it all happening. Maybe that explains my sudden need for a fan *cough*.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Magaly πŸ™‚ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ

14. Erotic ad passionate. You do it so well!

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Beverly πŸ™‚ so glad you liked it πŸ’„β€οΈ

15. ayala says:

You had me at…so much of you is already written
    into my soul. A passionate piece.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Ayala πŸ˜€ so good to see you πŸ’„β€οΈ

16. “for when we touch
    even in the slightest, hushed and most insignificant way,
    I am lifted.”
    You must be so in tuned with your love, enjoy (and congratulations)

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Joel πŸ˜€ so glad the poem resonated with you πŸ’„β€οΈ