Letter from beyond the grave

Death is somewhat like passing into memory;
an ivory cream rose
carved into the garden of one’s mind
why do you look so forlorn?
We live on as words that seek to pour themselves
into the liquid clay of the mold
leaving behind us two halves;
one that rests below the ground and other that remains
tucked away into the ribcage.
Do not moan, this world we live in is transient;
the cold wind blows as a reminder in one’s face.
The last vestiges of the setting sun
are disappearing
and along with it whatever is left of humanity
I implore you, be kind to each other!
Nothing is as piercing as the pain hidden in one’s soul;
sift through it,
pick out the parts that hurt the most and replace them
with soft whispers
what we do with our time here depends entirely upon us.

Photo credits: Pinterest

Day Thirty ~ Bang, Whimper, Hiss

Skylover Wordlist: Deaths 💝

Posted for Play It Again @ Real Toads

Comments

A situation well explained and counsel that sounds like good advice, Sanaa. Written well for one to roleplay himself/herself into the lines for personal searching.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Jim 🙂 so glad you liked it 💄❤️

2. Vandana says:

Yes, dear Sanna, compassion and kindness can be expressed, there is no need for us to be harsh, let the world heal through love and kindness.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Vandana 😀 so good to see you 💄❤️

3. These lines gave me a shiver, Sanaa:
    ‘leaving behind us two halves;
    one that rests below the ground and other that remains
    tucked away into the ribcage’.
    The final line is so true.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Kim 😀 so glad the words spoke to you! 💄❤️

4. Oh, his is now my absolute favourite of yours (so far). And with it being Samhain here, and I very conscious of those in my life who have died – whom I visit in memory, and who may visit me in spirit – it is so apt and meaningful that I read this poem now.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Rosemary 😀 so glad the poem resonated with you 💄❤️

5. Ellecee says:

This is so real, so relevant to these days. You speak so beautifully for all of us. 🌹🌹🙏

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Ellecee 😀 so glad you liked it 💄❤️

6. I love the lines- ‘an ivory cream rose carved into the garden of one’s mind’-
    And this: ‘Nothing is as piercing as the pain hidden in one’s soul;
    sift through it,
    pick out the parts that hurt the most and replace them
    with soft whispers—
    what we do with our time here depends entirely upon us.’
    Cuts right to the heart Sanaa.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Linda 🙂 I must admit I became a little teary-eyed when I wrote this one! 💄❤️

7. Eric says:

great message Sanaa!
    i especially like “other that remains
    tucked away into the ribcage.”

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Eric 😀 so glad you enjoyed it 💄❤️

8. Your poem so eloquently speaks to the days we find ourselves living now. Kindness is vital. We exhaust ourselves with anger, fall backward when we should be moving forward.

1. Sanaa says: