Harvest Moon ~ Part Two: Just before the break of Dawn

Misgivings.
Isn’t that what the moon is antonym of?
Refined, its sugars are absorbed into the bloodstream
almost immediately;
draping
what little is left of breath, of light that longs to become one
with being—
I am cobalt etched, a glorious panoply of sensual scrawling(s)
ranging to mauve-blue, from buttercup yellow to rose.
Bend me over to the edge of the moon
and watch
as body arches toward its direction, its ways—
the virtuous, the chaste, the naïve, the unsullied aren’t afraid
of what sends shivers down the spine;
a leaf in a hurricane,
we are equipped to run miles in a universe of pleasure and pain.
Nobody notices it at first;
pristine, its crevice large lures and later covers with memory.
I dare not cross the bridge knowing “never,” is a garland
waiting on the other side—
like an addicted smoker who inhales poetry, I can’t get enough
of his verse;
the moon, dressed in red velvet, in turn exchanges a smile.

Photo credits: Aaron Westerberg, “Kimono.” Pinterest

It’s time for OLN at dVerse! Come join us! 🍹

A Skylover Wordlist: Shiver, bridge, refine, etch, leaf,
cobalt, pristine, garland, drape, never 💝

Posted for Open Link Night #274 @ dVerse Poets Pub

Comments

1. Scott hastie says:

Hi there again Sanaa, Deliciously written as ever. As you develop the piece, you conjure something so mystical and knowing that I’m struggling right now to define it – but I feel it, for sure… Which I guess is just about as much praise as you can ever give a poet!
    Bravo, this is virtuoso writing….

Thank you so much, Scott 😀 so glad the poem resonated with you 💄❤️

Stellar writing… I love what you did with it… and as usual deep with passion. I would like to hear you read it.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Bjorn 😀 so glad you enjoyed it 💄❤️ I will be sure to upload the reading soon!

3. Ken Gierke says:

“light that longs to become one / with being”

I want this moonlight.

Thank you so much, Ken 😀 so glad you liked it 💄❤️

4. Oh, this is so beautiful! Really lovely writing. And that liminal time, just before dawn when the world is quiet, and it seems magic can happen.

Thank you so much, Merril 😀 so glad the poem resonated with you 💄❤️

5. Such longing, such passion, all wrapped in moonbeams and shivering with love sweat and undulating torsos; another romantic triumph.

Thank you so much, Glenn 😀 so glad you liked it 💄❤️

6. Susan says:

This is really lovely, Sanaa. It reads like velvet.

❤️❤️❤️

7. Lucy says:

Oh, this is so beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. You’re an artist with your words and it’s amazing.

Thank you so much, Lucy 😀 so glad you enjoyed it 💄❤️

8. Jason says:

“Bend me over to the edge of the moon and watch as body arches toward its direction, its ways—
    the virtuous, the chaste, the naïve, the unsullied aren’t afraid of what sends shivers down the spine” — what a great few lines, so sensual and anticipatory. Well composed! ~Jason

Thank you so much, Jason 😀 so glad the poem resonated with you 💄❤️

9. msjadeli says:

I love this line:
    “we are equipped to run miles in a universe of pleasure and pain.”
    We are conditioned to believe we are hobbled, but it is not so.
    It was very nice seeing you today and so glad you recorded your poem here as my audio was cutting out badly.

Thank you so much, Lisa 😀 so glad you enjoyed it 💄❤️

10. Ingrid says:

I love this paean to the poetry of the moon! I really enjoyed hearing you read it last night, just a shame about the siren at the end. Thank you for including the recording so I could hear your recitation clearly. My favourite lines:
    ‘what sends shivers down the spine;
    a leaf in a hurricane,
    we are equipped to run miles in a universe of pleasure and pain.’
    Yes we are, indeed.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Ingrid 😀 it was wonderful to see and hear you read at the Live event as well! 💄❤️

11. This is a stunningly beautiful capture of moonlight and sensuality, Sanaa, etched with cobalt and tinged with mauve-blue, buttercup yellow, rose and velvet red. I love all the ‘mm’ sounds scattered throughout and the lines:
    ‘Bend me over to the edge of the moon
    and watch
    as body arches toward its direction…’
    I enjoyed the reading too.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Kim 😀 so glad you enjoyed it! As always it was a pleasure seeing and hearing you read too 💄❤️

12. Mish says:

Exceptionally gorgeous and sensual….and oh I could see that leaf in the hurricane. Lovely to see you read live yesterday.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Mish 😀 it was great to see and hear you read at the Live event as well! 💄❤️

13. Helen says:

I love this line ‘a glorious panoply of sensual scrawling(s)’ and how I envision you.

❤️❤️❤️

14. Mary Hood says:

Your poetry certainly gives me something to reach for. Magnificent!

That is such high praise! Thank you so much, Mary 😀 so glad you liked it 💄❤️

15. Your poetry is always beautiful, sensual and elegant. And your reading adds a pleasing touch. Thanks for the gift of words!

Thank you so much, Khaya 😀 so glad you enjoyed it 💄❤️

16. rob kistner says:

This is a complex and beautiful poem, rich with image and wisdom. Wonderful to hear you read it, and a pleasure to share Thursday’s “live” OMN — trust there will be many more. 🙂

Thank you so much, Rob 😀 so glad the poem resonated with you 💄❤️

17. Deep, sensual, passionate and evocative! Excellent work, Sanaa.

Thank you so much, Mother Wintermoon 😀 so glad you liked it 💄❤️

18. calmkate says:

your love of nature and poetry shine throughout this one, well composed .. hauntingly lovely!

Thank you so much, Kate 😀 so glad you enjoyed it 💄❤️