Chaste Moon ~ Part 3: Consistency under all the phases

Parables.
Isn’t that what the moon teaches us?
Forever tainted by deaths
and entrances,
its pout is invisible to the naked eyeβ€”
you strike to me as the dreamy type
and for reasons unknown
I am led deeper into your web.
A shadow of a dream, I think back to days of innocence
wandering the streets unaccompaniedβ€”
I walked in Spring,
dripping willows, old oaks and poplars;
one needs to go slowly,
know that soft tendril of whispered nothings means only
to tease usβ€”
I am no longer fragile,
my pen dipped low in salted conversations;
the moon is aware of ballads resting upon our lips
the only question is,
can we tell the truth apart from lies?
The essence of my hot pink lipstick stain never betrays.

Photo credits: Pinterest

A Skylover Wordlist: Salt, conversation, parables,
ballad, death
and entrances πŸ’

Posted for the Writers’ Pantry @ Poets and Storytellers United

Comments

1. Yummy and gorgeous as always … uttered, perhaps, in melodious whispers. (Smile.)

Yes, that is indeed the pertinent question.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Rosemary πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ

2. Thotpurge says:

salted conversations – I love that, Sanaa.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Rajani πŸ™‚ so good to see you πŸ’„β€οΈ

3. I like the thread of pout, lips and lipstick woven through your poem, Sanaa, and the parables and lies, of being led deeper into a web. It’s heartening to see the speaker growing stronger, β€˜no longer fragile’, with her β€˜pen dipped low in salted conversations’, and the defiance of the β€˜hot pink lipstick stain [that] never betrays’.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so very much, Kim πŸ˜€ so glad the poem resonated with you πŸ’„β€οΈ

4. Ah, survival and growing stronger. Most apt, and beautiful words.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Anthony πŸ™‚ so glad you liked it πŸ’„β€οΈ

5. From the invisible lunar pout through to the stain of the pink lipstick, this piece really rocks, Sanaa! Nice use of the word list and great imagery throughout. Salute!

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Ron πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ

6. vandana says:

I find it delectable!

❀️❀️❀️❀️

If we can go through all the phases of the moon, perhaps we will become a little better at telling truth from lies. But most importantly, we will have learned that we have the capability to roll with the changes and adapt.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Rommy πŸ˜€ so glad the poem resonated with you πŸ’„β€οΈ

8. “I walked in Spring,
    dripping willows, old oaks and poplars”

I could dine on these two lines for days. I love the combination bright surreality of it. I can practically see the drizzle of willows and oaks and poplars sliding down the speaker’s skin, and finding root.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Magaly πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ

9. Chrissa says:

This is enchanting. Love the way the speaker entices through perceived glamour.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Chrissa πŸ˜€ so good to see you πŸ’„β€οΈ

“I think back to days of innocence”
    a good point of meditation in our days of Isolation

My posts today are
    HERE
    AND
    HERE

much love…

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Gillena πŸ™‚ so glad you liked it πŸ’„β€οΈ

Much love …

11. Moon parables are the best, don’t you think?

1. Sanaa says:

Definitely πŸ˜€ thanks for stopping by, MMT πŸ’„β€οΈ

12. Pouting moon teaching parables. Love that.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Colleen πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ

13. RedCat says:

“one needs to go slowly,
    know that soft tendril of whispered nothings means only
    to tease usβ€””

These lines shines like the full moon herself. Beautiful poem. πŸ’œ

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Red Cat πŸ˜€ so good to see you πŸ’„β€οΈ

14. Beautiful use of a word list. Mine was a bit darker. So happy to visit this poem again.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Susie πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ

Poets probably can never tell the truth from lies as their minds are bent imagining or enhancing reality. So an old man can write romantic poetry as well as the young…and be more accurate! However yours is always a delight to read Sanaa.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Robin πŸ™‚ so glad the poem resonated with you πŸ’„β€οΈ

16. “the moon is aware of ballads resting upon our lips” from the conscious movements of our soul. Thank you for inspiring that thought, Sanaa.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Joel πŸ˜€ so glad you liked it πŸ’„β€οΈ

17. Very very beautiful. Loved reading it.

1. Sanaa says:

Thank you so much, Baishali πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it πŸ’„β€οΈ