Untitled (the thread of life)

I feel the dead silence of the once roaring sea
waves violet splashed unto these long fingers
I too feel the apathetic murmurs that encircle
and yet, place a fragile heart upon their palm.

I, long to run, into the arms of days long gone
when, the world, seemed not bleak nor harsh,
to count, colors that adorn the rainbow above
while spirit is unbending, resolute and sound.

Oh! but unlike you, I refuse, to be imprisoned,
I, would rather drift amidst the moon and sun,
whisper secrets to the birds hiding in the trees.
I, round blossoms red, dance with honey bees.

I, would scream hope, and fling to wildflowers
lest, the world, seals lips, with growing insults.
I, would weave harmony into the thread of life,
lest, this season, brings floods, famine and fire.

‘Until death serenades and sets me free.’

Photo credits:Β Pinterest

I chose to contemplateΒ Christina Rossetti’s ‘The Thread of Life.’

Posted for Poems in April @ Real Toads

and Dark Poetry for the Cruellest Month

& Posted on Poetry Pantry @ Poets United

62 thoughts on “Untitled (the thread of life)

Oh! but unlike you, I refuse, to be imprisoned…

Such a strong statement of personal viewpoint, here. The poem is very uplifting.

Luv your passion for redefining, Sanaa. An ever arduous task it is to try to right the flagging World we life in today
    “I, would weave harmony into the thread of life,
    lest, this season, brings floods, famine and fire.

β€˜Until death serenades and sets me free.’”

Just awesome!!!

much love…

Thank you so much, Gillena πŸ˜€ so glad you liked it ❀️

(and thank you for the lovely opportunity πŸ™‚ )

3. Mary says:

Yes, I think we all sometimes long to run into the days long gone – as they are perhaps familiar and perhaps comforting, but since we cannot do this it is good to find a way to weave harmony into the thread of life – wherever it takes us. Nice poem, Sanaa.

“β€˜Until death serenades and sets me free.’” says it all, plus maybe, “I will not.” Reminds me also of Johnny Cash’s song, “I walk the line”.
    A lady next to me in Bible Study this morning is just a few years older than me. In class we talked about release of death, to Heaven or Hades. I whispered to her, “I count down now, instead of counting up.” She whispered, “Me too.”

5. Myrna says:

I like to think I would make the same choice as the narrator – to not be imprisoned by dark forces but to nurture hope. Good writing Sanaa.

6. kaykuala h says:

I, would weave harmony into the thread of life,
    lest, this season, brings floods, famine and fire.

One would want to save the day wherever and whenever possible. It is the feeling of obligation to society that prevails more than anything else!

Hank

7. SunshineShelle says:

Retreat from the taunts, the evil & sometimes we can retreat from the beauty… it all seems interwoven somedays, screaming hope seems like you have chosen correctly x Great work!

8. Magical Mystical Teacher says:

Weaving harmony into the thread of life is something you, as a poet, know more than a little about.

9. humbird says:

Ah, Sanaa, I can hear your passion, it’s empower and inspire to never ‘imprisoned’ yourself. Only dedication to someone/something dear might look like this, but because of love, it will have different perspective… ~ Nice to read you again! xox

Daaaaaaaaaaaang, this is one of your strongest pieces to date. I really like the style of it and the defiantly joyful note woven through it.