Until the end of time

Akin to unrehearsed play
come and loosen with bare hands
as tide wears dove-colored sands
oust inhibitions astray.

I circle in mute phrases
feel doubts and unease burning
is there chance – our returning
I pine through empty stages.

With lips that deny distance
come whisper to restless soul
as ardor claims full control
in lyrical persistence.

Love, I have done this before
mourning as paired souls are threshed
on warm night in Budapest
stars strewn across grassy floor.

I yearn for ache – powerful
one that taints heavens above
recounting sad tale of love
through valleys sweet – flowerful

Photo credits: Pinterest

Form: TanagaΒ Β

Posted on Sunday Mini-Challenge @ Real Toads

& Posted on the Poetry Pantry @ Poets United

58 thoughts on “Until the end of time

1. Bekkie says:

This Saturday has few offerings yet I’m not used to being the first. Lol! I loved the line, “stars strewn across grassy floor.” I see them glittering there at my feet.

Love is so overpowering in it’s “all.” You captured that “ache” well, Sanaa! I enjoyed this prompt. Hugs!

2. kaykuala says:

With lips that deny distance
    come whisper to restless soul
    as ardor claims full control
    in lyrical persistence.

Aptly describing the tenacity of love, Sanaa! Lovely shot from a young heart!

Hank

That ache for love is quite obsessive isn’t it? Unless you have felt that yearning that hurt you don’t realise what love is all about. How well you have captured this Sanaa. I say this as an oldie with memories still niggling at me so many, many years after.

Wow, Sanaa, you went the distance with this one! I could only manage one Tanaga but you’ve built a whole poem out of them. I especially love:
    ‘I circle in mute phrases
    feel doubts and unease burning
    is there chance – our returning
    I pine through empty stages’.

5. Mary says:

You have really captured the yearning, the ache, the depth of what love is. I like the word ‘flowerful’ at the conclusion!

6. Marian says:

Ah, wonderful, Sanaa! Overachiever! πŸ™‚
    I love how you ended this sultry poem on the word “flowerful,” and in a strictly rhyming verse nonetheless. Really good.

7. Julian says:

A did enjoy reading your piece of well crafted writing with its continuous syllable count of seven per line along with the continuity or rhyme. You always please my mind with your poetry.

Passionate and sensuous, Luv how you meld the tangible and intangible in this one.
    Thanks for dropping by my Sunday Standard today Sanaa

much love…

9. Truedessa says:

I love this form and the rhymes – one can feel the passion, but also there is a sense of loss – perhaps, time and distance. My favorite is verse 3, but I do love the image of the stars at the end.

Beautiful thoughts, Sanaa. I once felt “we” were there,and had the rug pulled out from under. This Second one has lasted 45 years, a good sign.