Twilight, When March Winds Blow

Crushed amongst gormless blooming daffodils
is doubt,
for it seems unable to assimilate just how I managed to deceive
and drive it out
as I allow sweet petals to brush softly against my legs
and sunshine
to soothe my soul that’s crying out.

Feeling, then makes its way into my soul
Y
ou are Spring
and I a traveler lost in pursuit of recognizing the world
I wish to mirror your vitality rising from the earth,
as arrows of want
lift me higher from the ground
I have never before seen the wind caress the clouds
so boldly
never before felt novelty throb inside the heart and veins.

Soon oranges and greys spill across the darkening sky
bathing me
in their lustrous glow and enamoring light

tell me
between layers of innocence and startling sensuality
can you feel
March spreading its wings
and daring us to dream?
tell me,
can you feel hesitation instinctively release and drift away?

And though world with its pessimism continues to deride
and scorn
come, let us contend together for desire is mostly rouge
and a little insane

as droplets of rain that meld with breath and can not die.

Photo credits: Pinterest

Posted for Weekend Mini-Challenge @ Real Toads

And Posted on the Poetry Pantry @ Poets United

58 thoughts on “Twilight, When March Winds Blow

Oh I love the hopeful ending… I needed that, the world has so much darkness, but maybe if there would be just a single kiss of spring I would be lost in its embrace.

I love the thought of desiring being a rebellious (and growing) thing attached to spring, full of life that is yet to bloom, but promises to spread into everyone that refuses to let their wants die.

There is so much to read in your poetry Sanaa. I was so taken with those gormless daffodils nodding stupidly at everyone. Tulips however I fell in love with at an early age and are much more enticing. What a delightful read this poem is.

You had me at gormless blooming daffodils! As much as I adore them .. they are quite gormless!

You are Spring
    and I a traveler lost in pursuit of recognizing the world

Such beautiful and memorable lines, Sanaa. The whole is a delight.

5. scott hastie says:

Ah Sanaa, you are as effectively inspiring and passionate as ever -and it’s always nourishing to pay you a visit… And as for:
    “let us contend together for desire is mostly rouge
    and a little insane
    as droplets of rain that meld with breath and can not die.”

Amen to that, my friend!

Thank you so much, Marian πŸ˜€ so glad you liked it ❀️

(and thank you for the lovely prompt) 🌹

Gormless, i researched and now know a new word, cant wait to try it out in a poem.
    Luv the background of nature’s destined duties persisting past humanity’s foibles and failures. Luv the dare of the dreamer rising on arrows ti touch the sky of possibilities.
    Happy you dropped by my sumie Sunday today Sanaa

Much🌻love

7. HA says:

Ah, this odyssey through doubt and hesitation towards a stronger assertion of desire, sensuality, and all things beautiful is so refreshing in its evoked images and its many sensory moods. Your words have a tenacity to them for such a pursuit and experience. Beautifully written, Sanaa!

Thought I would share a sher with you this evening as well. Arz kiya hai… πŸ™‚

“aks-e-khushbu huun bikharne se na roke koi
    aur bikhar jaun to mujh ko na samete koi”

Waaah! ❀️ to that I would say

“Samandar main utarta hun toh aankhen bheeg jati hain,
      Teri ankhon ko parhta hun toh aankhen bheeg jati hain.”

Thank you so much, Anmol πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it ❀️

I love the way this poem celebrates spring with petals, sunshine
    and wind that caresses the clouds, and β€˜March spreading its wings and daring us to dream’. It has a strong sense of release, Sanaa.

9. Truedessa says:

You are Spring
    and I a traveler lost in pursuit of recognizing the world

oh to find spring and see the world and life emerging in new life, there is joy in that Sanaa..

10. dsnake1 says:

i loved the form of this poem, a longish line followed by a choking short one. this really pulled out the emotions well. i am so glad the droplets of rain ‘can not die’. πŸ™‚