To The Last Twenty Four Hours Of April

Many an April has ignited the muse
permeated into the skin,
as water
that seeks to mould the intentions of salt,
of sugar and sand
which is the most muted shade of gold,
in twilight the water is darker
as muse adopts its characteristic pattern
and when April ends,
I sigh
as though a lover waiting to be kissed again.

Photo credits: Rebloggy

Posted for Poems in April @ Real Toads

30 thoughts on “To The Last Twenty Four Hours Of April

πŸ™‚ It’s as Carine Roitfeld states; “Once you start being a muse, you can not stop being a muse.” Thanks for stopping by, Rajani ❀️

Awww gosh! ❀️ Thank you so much, Rosemary πŸ˜€ it’s been an amazing month of poetry writing! ❀️

We certainly have! ❀️ Thank you so much, Kerry πŸ˜€ so glad you liked it! ❀️

1. HA says:

Lovely! I agree with Kerry β€” this is a perfect poem for the last day of this creative month. Love this: “in twilight the water is darker/as muse adopts its characteristic pattern”.
    Wonderful writing (throughout the month), Sanaa! πŸ™‚

Our muses have danced with the partners we set before them. And we were lucky enough to record their twirling steps. But the party is over now, and rest has been earned.

3. Timoteo says:

Have never done that April binge writing thing. And while I don’t have reams and reams of poetry of uneven quality to show for the month of April, I also am not spent and exhausted and will continue to go at my own pace and level of inspiration. But your poem is a wistful reflection on the whole process, and it is lovely.

4. Linda Lee Lyberg says:

What a lovely ending to a fantastic month of writing! Sanaa- I always love your words, and your images you choose to enhance them. Congratulations on completing NaPoWriMo!

Awww gosh! ❀️ Thank you so much, Linda πŸ˜€ a hearty congratulations to you too! ❀️

I have only been trying half April …. but now it’s back to normal schedule of one poem per day.

What a lovely way to say goodbye to April, Sanaa! April is a damp month here in the UK, so your poem rings especially true for me. I don’t think you’ll be waiting long for that kiss.

I love April for so many reasons–the most selfish being that is my birthday month. I love it because it carries spring and sings of summer, because it makes things grow, because I yearn so much for it when winter is its whitest… I won’t miss April’s kiss just yet, but I know that I will again… when November comes home to chill.