There is a moon inside my poetic being

“There is a tide in the affairs of men,” ― William Shakespeare , Julius Caesar

The moon is an outline of your face
during
midnight musings
as though time spinning
backwards
and emotion bursting forward like tea rose,
there is a tide
in the affairs of soul
a rising blush unfettered by clouds,
but who would be the one to unravel it’s message
as mysticism begs the direct passage of heart,
February,
a slow dance that gestures to the swirl of wind
where I did not hesitate
to unburden

all that was going through my mind,
so don’t tell me
what if the moon disappeared?
I’d rather the ground beneath me shattered
and swallowed up the pain.

Photo credits: Rebloggy

Posted for Weekend Mini-Challenge @ Real Toads

34 thoughts on “There is a moon inside my poetic being

“there is a tide
    in the affairs of soul”

So very true. A detail we should always keep in mind, I think–love can turn turbulent, best keep our feet firm on the boat… while enjoying the dance of the waves.

2. kaykuala h says:

The moon is an outline of your face
    during midnight musings

A classic opening on the joys of having the moon up there. Can’t think of having to miss its existence. Wonderful wordcraft. Sanaa!

Hank

I like the ebb and flow of this poem, Sanaa, and the opening lines are exquisite. I especially enjoyed the lines:
    ‘there is a tide
    in the affairs of soul
    a rising blush unfettered by clouds’
    and
    ‘what if the moon disappeared?
    I’d rather the ground beneath me shattered
    and swallowed up the pain.’

4. Brendan says:

The force of address here is crafted by uneven lines, the disruptions of shot and long; and all of that furthered by the poems one very long sentence and a much shorter declarative one:, as if the long and short of it is that the moon is door to and vowel of poetry. Amen. The title was too obvious for me.

As much as it hurts sadness is going to affect us one day. When that day comes remember there will be plenty more when we can ebuild our lives awith love and happiness once more.

6. HA says:

Ooh, such is the love and need and desire of the moon as a lover, as a friend, as a companion. I would want the earth to swallow me whole too in the exhibition of this emotion resulting from such a disappearance. A gorgeous write, Sanaa!
    I loved this bit in particular: “there is a tide/in the affairs of soul/a rising blush unfettered by clouds,/but who would be the one to unravel it’s message/as mysticism begs the direct passage of heart”.

7. Sara McNulty says:

“there is a tide/in the affairs of soul/a rising blush unfettered by clouds,/”

Stunning writing , Sanaa! I do so love your ending.