The Answer Lies Somewhere Inside Your Heart

Why do white orchids stand alone?
Can we be as naked as them in their purity?
Tell me where did the afternoon sun
learn
to be so unforgiving,
is this a sign that the world is coming to an end?
Lovers are at one with the hovering of night,
I wonder
if their laughter causes the moon to be jealous?
Does heaven
distinguish between mosque, temple and cathedral?
Must nature be victim
to atrocities of war, tears of blood and confusion?
I have walked upon the path
of self-doubt, met a few energy eating monsters
along the way
how does rain know when to deprive me
of candied desperation?
Does the butterfly know weed from flower?
Why are trees insistent upon participating
in conversation?
I have long learned the value of time,
how do you prevent
forever
from slipping out of your hands?
If I am to die the next day
would it matter to you that you can no longer hear
my voice?
Why does music have a calming effect upon the ear?
Tell me,
what does poetry do for you
on days
when the soul yearns
for more?
The answer lies somewhere inside your heart.

Photo credits: Pinterest

Posted for Poems in April @ Real Toads

& on Monday Writes @My Blog – Verses

verses

52 thoughts on “The Answer Lies Somewhere Inside Your Heart

Hi Sanaa– I’m betting that you asked your mom zillions of questions. You have to realize that the Moon is a stodgy fellow. And that he doesn’t see anything that he can’t shine his light on.

Thank you so much, Bjorn πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it ❀️

(and thank you for the lovely prompt) 🌹

They are all interesting questions, Sanaa, but my favourites are:
    β€˜Lovers are at one with the hovering of night,
    I wonder
    if their laughter causes the moon to be jealous?’
    and
    β€˜how do you prevent
    forever
    from slipping out of your hands?’

3. Barry says:

This is artistry at its finest. I am amazed and envious of your talent! I can’t cite a favorite line, as each line took my breath away.

If I am to die the next day
    would it matter to you that you can no longer hear
    my voice?

Today, I am feeling this question most profoundly. We hope to be remembered by our words and deeds, but I believe time is so fleeting that memory fades before a person even realizes it is gone.

Oh Sanaa. I sooo like this poem. I loved the start, those white orchids asked me to read on. You asked just the right questions to list this time. I seldom write a question list poem. It seems hard to me, keeping interest and all.
    A couple were special to me.
    I have walked upon the path
    of self-doubt, met a few energy eating monsters along the way,

I think one has to have been there a few or more times to really really appreciate this. Growing up I had a lot, chastising by my father triggered it, again in marriage.
    The next that I put on my list goes,
    “Does the butterfly know weed from flower?”
    The mind of an engineer rose its flag here to me. I believe Butterflies must appreciate whatever smells pretty, these insects have so much beauty in themselves, surely they judge by the odor’s pleasantness.
    To me Kerry, above was right on about caring whether a glimpse of our shadow might remain after death. It will. But eventually only those couples with fame will stay.

In a perfect world, there would be no jealousy between the lovers and the moon, and no one would care what roof (if any) was over our heads when we pray. My heart has always told me that the world is a richer place because of all the different things that exist upon it.

Questions are often so much more important than answers… and some of your questions really made me think about how much we measure everything only in the eyes of ourselves.