Take me to the Ocean

starfish-536677_1920

We gathered seashells from the shore and heard them
whisper into our ear. Pure the sand worked like page;
and clamour of passion soon appeared. In stillness the
splendor of ocean glints; as flashes of memory
surround like hint.

Seashells sing one song for me; enamour with secrets
about the sea. Streams of gold do flow from sun;
assure that future’s just begun. We smiled and waved
with aplomb; without a blush and without a qualm.

Ocean indifferent to blame or praise;
This reckless siege of battering days.

Photo credits:Β https://pixabay.com

Posted on poems written on Prompt Nights

quill_by_ronjaalegria-d3el3oa

and posted for Poems in April @ Real Toads

94 thoughts on “Take me to the Ocean

Hello Leslie,

Thank you so much, so glad you liked it πŸ™‚
      Highly appreciated, lots of love πŸ˜€
      xoxo

PS: Big hugs πŸ™‚

1. Sumana Roy says:

sea shells bring so many memories….sigh…”Streams of gold / do flow from sun; assure that future’s just / begun.” love these lines Sanaa, you write so beautifully…

• debi says:

“Pure the sand worked like page” This time this phrase stood out to me… made me think of how we write our imprint on the sand every time we visit. Lovely verse

2. Jae Rose says:

I love the image of the sand as a page..i suppose if we pick up a piece of driftwood we can write whatever story we want upon it and as the sea washes it away so another story can begin

Mankind’s fascination with the sea implies an inner knowing of our primordial roots searching for our unknown past. The susurration of the waves and the way shells whisper of the past give us that proof. I am glad I live close to the sea! Your posts always get me thinking.

4. Myrna says:

Though I was by the ocean recently, I didn’t see any sea shells. Your poem reminded me to look for them next time. I like the rhyme in this and the truth of the last stanza. Actually, I liked it all.

5. Susan says:

I have experienced this reckless siege of the non-judgmental sea, after the seashells, the glimmering and the whispering. Oh yes.

The sea is nothing more or less than the sea with its tides ebbing and flowing ensnaring us in awe

Thanks for linking in at my Sunday Lime today Sanaa

Much love…

Hello Rosemary,

Thank you so much, so glad you liked it πŸ™‚
      Highly appreciated, lots of love πŸ˜€
      xoxo

Hello Gemma,

Thanks for stopping by, so glad you liked it πŸ™‚
      Highly appreciated, have a great week ahead.

Hello Ellecee,

Thanks for stopping by, so glad you liked it πŸ™‚
      Highly appreciated, have a great week ahead.

7. Raivenne says:

What is it about seashells anyway? So irresistible.

β€œPure the sand worked like page” LOVE that line, how many secrets were written and washed away in the tide never to resurface?

Hi Sanaa ~~ I like to hear of people listening to the sea shells. I used to try also but have found out that I really can’t hear anything except echoes.
    Very pretty matches the pretty poem. Good job.

Hello Michael,

Thanks for stopping by, so glad you liked it πŸ™‚
      Highly appreciated, have a great week ahead.

Hello Mary,

Thanks for stopping by, so glad you liked it πŸ™‚
      Highly appreciated, have a great week ahead.

Hello Margaret,

Thanks for stopping by, so glad you liked it πŸ™‚
      Highly appreciated, have a great week ahead.