Strolling through the fields of desire

Desire is

hot darkness

Photo credits: Pinterest

Form: Tricube

Posted on ‘Sunday Mini-Challenge’ @ Real Toads

& Posted on the ‘poetry pantry’ @ Poets United

64 thoughts on “Strolling through the fields of desire

Whoosh!! You worked wonders with the form. This is sultry and quite deliciously expressed within the many restrictions. Well done.

2. Pat says:

you clearly walked away with this and had a good time working this little “fussy” form to great advantage – ~ well done Sanaa – certainly painted a lovely set of pictures!

Desire. I love that word in a sensuous setting. You did that so very well, Sanaa. I still shake off a little like a wet dog when I read yours or have thoughts arising. With a slight smile on my face. Thank you.

All tricube gems, Sanaa! I love the imagery of desire melting your insides like a cloud and the lines:
    ‘I trace words
    on soft skin
    not paper

lest passion
    wastes away
    with blue rain’.

5. Annell Livingston says:

Longing, and the whole idea of “longing,” is a sad thing. Someone is not here, someone is gone away, someone is with someone else. Makes for pretty sad poems….

To let somone live “rent free in your head,” and in your heart is a waste. Hard to control. There just has to be other ways to be?

6. Mary says:

Deliciously sensual! But sad that one feels frustrated in the longing, knowing the person desired is (for some reason) out of reach.

7. Marian says:

Yowza! All right, Sanaa! These are all wonderful and leave me with a deep sigh. I love them!
    Kind of addictive, this form? I haven’t written mine yet but expect it to be enjoyable.
    Really wonderful xo

Yayy!❤️ Thank you so much, Marian 😀 so glad you enjoyed it!❤️

(Yes the form is fantastic to play with! 😀 thank you for the lovely prompt)

“Desire is
    knowing I
    can’t have you”
    Luv how the subconscious works in this one.

Thanks for dropping by my Sunday Standard today Sanaa

Muchlove🌺🌺♥️🎀

I want to take the first 3 words of your poem and dance with them for days and days and days and nights… “Desire is/feral”–what a thought! The images that phrase brings to mind are wild and glorious, and screaming for a story of their own. Yum! Yum!! Yum!!!

10. Susan says:

Well, girl, another amazing poem fro the realm of the forbidden fruit. I hope these are not autobiographical, for I wish to read more of them.