November Dawn: Of ripeness, and colour and time of propinquity

Morning thickens around us, like verses, full of meaning
as clouds
consumed with thought are kissed a brilliant white,
and I, in deepening admiration surrender
to conversation
rapt in the poesy of your philosophical being,
perhaps I belong to you
to what seems lost but is a gentle remnant unfound–
I listen to your words,
to change in breathing pattern, your chest rising
and falling
until my ribs are filled with your beauty, your curves,
your scent, your skin —
I have instructed the heart to become accustomed
to lesser than rosy-eyed slumber.
Perhaps this is a failing of mine,
these silent reveries that seep from a corner in my mind,
as if ripe berries
weeping complaisance when plucked by hand–
let the breeze amble by
touching us and drifting over soft air
so quiet,
you just might be every kind of worthwhile
I have ever known.

Photo credits: Immerse by Karina llergo

Posted on Bits of Inspiration ~ My story @ Real Toads

& Posted on the Open Link Night @ dVerse Poets Pub

42 thoughts on “November Dawn: Of ripeness, and colour and time of propinquity

I feel the closeness of one yearning to know me, one you’ve not physically met, better. And hoping that your feeling will become mutual for consummation. Beautiful write from a beautiful inspiration piece of art.

2. Debi Swim says:

“rapt in the poesy of your philosophical being”… your way with words is amazing. You speak so elegantly of love – I must be somewhat repressed -love poems do not come easily for me.

3. Susie Clevenger says:

“I listen to your words,
    to change in breathing pattern, your chest rising
    and falling
    until my ribs are filled with your beauty, your curves,
    your scent, your skin —”

Goodness that is so beautiful, as is the entire poem. Thank you so much for taking part in the prompt.

4. Glenn Buttkus says:

Another romantic triumph for you, rife with clever wordsmithing. I liked the first line /Morning thickens around jus, like verses, full of meaning/. Your smoothness and gentle passion always amaze me.

5. Barry says:

You do the image justice. Such vivid images.

“you just might be every kind of worthwhile
    I have ever known.”

I won’t lie; I wish I had come up with that. Brilliant.

Your poem shimmers, Sanaa, from the title to the final line, and is so full of romance and textures. I especially enjoyed the richness of the lines:
    ‘I listen to your words,
    to change in breathing pattern, your chest rising
    and falling
    until my ribs are filled with your beauty, your curves,
    your scent, your skin’
    and
    ‘these silent reveries that seep from a corner in my mind,
    as if ripe berries
    weeping complaisance when plucked by hand–
    let the breeze amble by’.

7. Sara McNulty says:

Passionate, loving poem. I adore, ‘you just might be every kind of worthwhile I have ever known’.
    Wonderful work, Sanaa!