In stillness and quietude

I waltz round reticent hours of night
freed from clutches of chaos and din.
The heart although lugubrious at first
throbs wild on arrival of harvest moon.
I sigh and gesture to its poise and calm
as though compelling orb to inculcate
I chase oh promise and wings of hope
lest world’s bathed in blood and stone.

Photo credits: Picture taken from Samsung mobile.

Posted on Sunday Mini-Challenge @ Real Toads

and Posted on the Poetry Pantry @ Poets United

54 thoughts on “In stillness and quietude

1. gillena cox says:

The moon does that to soul. Wrenches a prayer you never even intended for it

Nice write. Had a glimpse of the gibbous almost full on my way to church this evening. It was riding a wave of cloud

Thanks for dropping by to read mine

Much love…

2. Kerry O'Connor says:

A remarkable juxtaposition of moon and window – captures our relationship with the moon so perfectly. I really like the impact you created with the final line.

I love the opening lines, Sanaa:
    ‘I waltz round reticent hours of night
    freed from clutches of chaos and din.’
    Some people love the silence of night and others the waking quiet of morning – but it’s the lack of chaos and din that keeps us sane 🙂

I like how you close this… alas I think there is too much blood and stone today… I think we need to look at the moon a bit.

The phrase ‘blood and stone” has a number of connotations that are negative that concern me a little implying hurt and sadness. Hope we can always fall back on though. Intriguing poem Sanaa.

6. Susan says:

“freed from clutches of chaos and din”
    Tonight I will join you in standing beneath the moon, chasing the same vision by holding still. This is quite beautiful, Sanaa.

7. kaykuala says:

I chase oh promise and wings of hope
    lest world’s bathed in blood and stone.

This is very relevant now that Trump won! One just hope nothing untoward should happen!

Hank

Magic of the night. I’m liking it, Sanaa. Liking it all. But this week the moon is special, so very large. Tonight’s will be the maximum of this cycle, largest for years and years.

9. Truedessa says:

It seems we could learn a lot from Grandmother moon, she has a voice and carries light. Lovely food for thought! I sometimes waltz around the night, seeking a place of calm.

10. Julian says:

I waltz round reticent hours of night
    freed from clutches of chaos and din………brilliant, and I equally like the closing two lines, too. Enjoyed this very much