In city of grey mists and unfulfilled desires

This silence of yours
is like pieces of a puzzle
forming an endless,
infinite, exquisite possibility
should I care to construe
the fire that fills this chest.
I am glued to insensate brow,
to unshaven stubble
of your chin
deliberating my tongue
and pen.

Photo credits: Pinterest

Posted for Quadrille #61 @ dVerse Pub

And on Tuesday platform @ Real Toads

56 thoughts on “In city of grey mists and unfulfilled desires

A romantic puzzle which gives me a picture of jigsaw pieces floating in space! But I’m concerned that this strong, silent man with an insensate brow and unshaven chin is not communicating with words.

2. Cressida says:

I would like to know the story that inspired this one. Love the quote of impossible love…the fish falling in love with a bird. Sensual and puzzling poem.

3. HA says:

Ooh, the tone here is expressive in its own right, the words aid in conveying its action.
    There’s a mystery here, all the more delightful in its compactness. Well-penned.

4. Sameera Chaudhary says:

Goodness, Sanaa! Such a lot of passion in this tight little piece! Sometimes it’s difficult to figure out what’s going on inside a guy’s head.

5. Romana says:

Such precision describing the kind of silence that cloaks emotionally unavailable men (and women, just to be fair) in mystery… What’s left is poetry. We’re capable of so much love (I’m thinking of that ‘fire that fills the chest’)–if only there were someone on the receiving end who wouldn’t be burned alive by trying to reciprocate. πŸ™‚

Ooh my god where were you before? ❀️ You are the only person who understood what I was trying to voice. You echo my thoughts to the fullest! I’ll no longer wonder if I m the only one who feels this way about certain such men in our world. Thank you so much for your sweet and thoughtful comment! ❀️

• Romana says:

Oh Sanaa, there are so many people out there feeling the disconnect in a relationship, feeling unheard or unloved or dismissed or misunderstood. That’s why poems must keep coming into the worldβ€”they fill the void and bring us closer. Thank you for writing yours!

I think that you know what a silence can mean… or at least a silence can be filled with possibilities…

7. Pat says:

puzzling over possibilities and potential! indeed!

well well well … a heart beats a bit faster, does it? *smiling*

I really like the opening lines, the first 4 in particular are truly captivating … and then we continue along this tight light journey into the world of wonder and possibility – truly a puzzling question to answer – yes/no – dare or not.

great little 44 Sanaa πŸ™‚

8. kaykuala says:

unshaven stubble
    of your chin
    deliberating my tongue
    and pen.

Being together would encourage conversations of sweet nothings as fodder for the poet in us! Agreed Sanaa!

Hank

9. Chris Evans says:

Some relationships are equivalent to glass. It’s better to leave them broken than to end up injuring ourselves.