74 thoughts on “I fall not prey

1. Jae Rose says:

Such a concentrated and strong poem – like the sky..she has strength..being predator or prey is often a state of mind as well as physical – aptly displayed here

2. Mary says:

Such strong words! I do like the idea of refusing to fall as prey. We do have some control over our own destiny indeed.

3. panchali says:

Brilliant!! All deception in the course of life is indeed nothing else but’ a lie reduced to practice’…Beautifully said, Sanaa!

4. lillian says:

“Take hope away from human heart
    observe as men transform to beast.”

Powerful lines. And yes, we must not fall prey to deception. We are rational beings and critical listening is key these days.

Excellent thoughtful poem!

5. Victoria Young says:

I wonder if predators know they’re predators. They say things like, “I honestly felt that way at the time.” I wonder. Maybe they’re just morons hungry souls just grabbing what right is in front of them thinking that the next thing they ingest will satisfy them and then, of course, it doesn’t. Beautiful write of the darker elements out there!

6. Gayle Walters Rose says:

I admire the strength and fortitude in this to “not fall prey.” I’m right there with you, Sanaa…thank you for your inspirational poem today.

Oh I do love when you look into the dark part of human hearts… the lies, the words, and those men who gain from being worst.

8. kaykuala h says:

a heart is broken after having
    pierced the crude and false disguise

How often one gets frustrated or on point of despair over false pretenses. But there is certainly hope to keep on moving!

Hank

Happy Sunday Sanaa
    i am happy you dropped in at my Sunday Lime today, i did an edit though; i changed the video, and posted one of Cleopatra at the 2016 Olympics

much love..