December, world as described in the heart of a poet

Morning
tiptoed silently into the darkened room,

that blush like tangerine and plum

as I wake with dreams merely forgotten
not erased.

~ a moment when we know it’s December ~

Leaves
detach from boughs and are translucent
as paper

urging me to gather fragments of thoughts
and recognize ardor that longs to meld
with the written word.

❄☕🥠🍒

Behind every calm demeanor there lies
unrest

knowing political language is as cherry tart
filled with guile,

and that oppressed are left with only one chance
to decide.

~ a moment when we know it’s December ~

Shimmering,
the new moon rose behind trees

as I listen to flutter of heart
and birdsong

while angst is forgotten and no longer brought
to mind.

Photo credits: Toa Heftiba, Unsplash

Form: Puente

Posted for ‘Sunday Mini-Challenge’ @ Real Toads

And posted on the Poetry Pantry @ Poets United

And posted on Monday Writes @ My Blog- Verses

verses

48 thoughts on “December, world as described in the heart of a poet

Your poem is so much kinder than I am when describing political language. Or, perhaps, I’ve just been smelling the worse of the guile and no tart.

I really like the repetition. And the image? Delicious.

Hi Sanaa ~~ Nice Puente form pair.
    . I like the first best (better) as I tend to shy away from politics as I do war movies and writing. So my favorite lines are the opening ones of the first, “Morning tiptoed silently into the darkened room…” That is a nice personalization of the Morning. The times of day and the seasons of the year are good candidates for doing that.

3. Margaret says:

that quiet searching for thoughts and memories we have not forgotten – but stored away and that “turning off” of some things for periods of time. Current political happenings are important, but 24/7 news is also not healthy in my opinion. This poem captures these thoughts…

This is a lovely personification of morning, Sanaa, with a gorgeous touch of colour in the first stanza of your first puente. The’moment’ in the bridge is so effective in leading from the inside to the outside and those leaves that ‘detach from boughs and are translucent as paper’.
    I also like the metaphor in the second Puente: ‘political language is as cherry tart filled with guile’ and the way t he birdsong dispels angst.

The is a gentle sort of melancholy in your first piece, which speaks of how transitions in nature provide inspiration for poetry. The bridge is just as effective in the second poem, with more reason for feelings of unrest being shown.

6. Marian says:

Well geez, that breakfast looks so delicious!! Maybe I need to bake something now.
    Love these, Sanaa. The first is so moody and lovely, and I wish for what the second offers. A very strong and hearty wish.
    xo

Awww gosh!❤️ Thank you so much, Marian 😀 so glad you liked it!❤️

(and thank you for the lovely prompt)

7. Laura Bloomsbury says:

the bridging line is pure poetry in itself. Glad that the politics got put out of mind in the 2nd phase though this is so true: “Behind every calm demeanor there lies
    unrest”
    and how well you captured the poet’s striving
    “ardor that longs to meld
    with the written word.”