Breathing out the Blues

20160801_194440

gasp

Photo credits: Picture of sunset in K.L

For my prompt ‘Intuition’s as though we’re seeing with our soul’
on Friday 12th August at 8 am EDT.

Posted on poems written on Prompt Nights

quill_by_ronjaalegria-d3el3oa

also posting for Poetics @ dVerse Poets Pub

409415_233327223421682_1688724481_n

56 thoughts on “Breathing out the Blues

1. Victoria says:

This has to be at the top of my “Sanaa Favorite” list. Yes, it does read like the blues. And that one line about letting go–so very hard to learn. Bravo, my friend.

2. Truedessa says:

I think sometimes the best way is to let go. The part about the white snow showing every step as you go is an intense image for me. Yes, sometimes we must be careful in how we walk.

3. Glenn Buttkus says:

Yes, this piece seems to break new ground for you, & you have risen to the prompt, a night flower bursting with silly black & blue petals, the blue Navy, hidden in shadow. I like it a lot; very thoughtful. (pardon me while I register for the 50th time in order to comment; smile).

4. Gayle Walters Rose says:

“I gasp,” “I breathe,” “I feel”…I like how you start each verse, Sanaa; it helps set the tone for your beautiful verses.

5. Lillian says:

“…often the best way to learn is let go..” LOVE this! And also the idea that our actions, even our words, leave tracks in the snow. Yes…to step lightly wherever we go.

6. Stacie Eirich says:

Sanaa – I love how you brought in colors of the sunset, and the breath of an ending day along with memories — the white of the snow with fresh, new beginnings. Beautiful images that evoke both sadness & a quiet comfort. Thanks for sharing.

I love that the speaker acknowledges the fact that there are things to worry about, but remembers that going through life worrying about everything is no living at all. She sounds like a well-balanced lady. I really like this one, Sanaa. ❀

The construction of this piece works very well for what you want to convey. The physical gasp preceding the vivid physical descriptions, and the progression of the protagonist’s thoughts from there build up the feeling of hope throughout the piece.

9. kaykuala h says:

Let memories cast their glow
    And cherish all that we know

Wonderful lines Sanaa! Yes, if memories were to help us to recall then it would be such a glorious picture to see!

Hank

10. Jae Rose says:

I love the magic and wonder of ‘amber, spruce and rose’ and the idea of our lives being like fresh snow..and the footprints we choose to make – superb!

11. Ellecee says:

I love this rhythmic poem I especially like the lines “be careful how your tread, for every step will show” and this is so true, often when we look back we can see our footsteps clearly,,,

12. debi says:

I like this very much, Sanaa. The way you broke it into three pieces with the gasp, breathe and feel; the way your words painted a picture, gave good advice and finally, an instructional warning. Lovely