As Misty Doubt Burns With The Arrival Of May

Why do you presume May is anything but a gift?
Feel the evening sun
pouring in through the window,
the random sounds
as one becomes absorbed in ideas that flood
the corridors of mind,
I have long observed blossoms that arrive
like cream cheese frosting on trees in delectable yellows
and pinks
as love greets me, a bittersweet taste against my tongue,
should I die today
would hold memories of you inside impassioned eyelids
and have no regrets,
there is no explanation for moments when an individual learns
the meaning of life,
we mature with experience rather than the passing of years.
Why do you presume May is anything but quiet?
A time when night and day converse
and time adorns the sky with the birthing of dreams
my soul
accepts that uncertainty is what the world offers for free,
and that some of us
fall victim to its lies unfortunately,
you see I am one step closer than I was before to evolving
to higher self,
and though the road seems lonely as a smooth black river
I am shedding
energies that no longer match the colour of choices I make
in fulfilling my destiny.

Photo credits: Jolygram

Posted on Midweek Motif @ Poets United

also on Sanaa’s Challenge @ Real Toads

32 thoughts on “As Misty Doubt Burns With The Arrival Of May

1. Sherry Blue Sky says:

A wonderful poem of evolution, Sanaa. May is a gift, as is every other month. But the blossoms this month are delighting me so much! Each spring more than the last. A clue: if the road feels lonely, remember you are just starting out – so much will happen to you in the years ahead and for sure loneliness will not last long.

How moving this is Sanaa. I must confess tears came to my eyes as I read the feeling the narrator had in the sadness in their life that they could not put aside.but would be with them forever. It i not only May that is a gift but every day.

3. Susan says:

“cream cheese frosting” blossoms!
    The perspective of may is so colorful after the monotones of winter that it is the perfect time to wake up and grow. Thank God for May! And yet loss can feel like the only thing there is at times, I too have felt that. There are lots of pauses on the road to enlightenment. (Thank you for your loving comment on my poem.)

4. Sumana Roy says:

Love the touch of beauty everywhere. And sometimes bitterness is also a gift to make us grow, rise to a step higher. The poem exploits life so wisely. An amazing gift of a poem, Sanaa.

Thank you so much, Sumana 😀 so glad you liked it ❤️

(and thank you for the lovely prompt) 🌹

5. Panchali says:

Lovely gift indeed for some after a chilling winter. May in India is cruel tho’…
    Beautiful lines, as usual Sanaa! Reading your poems is a treat, girl. ❤

I love the title of this poem, Sanaa, and the familiarity of the moment in the lines:
    ‘Feel the evening sun
    pouring in through the window,
    the random sounds
    as one becomes absorbed in ideas that flood
    the corridors of mind’
    and
    ‘A time when night and day converse
    and time adorns the sky with the birthing of dreams’.

A time when night and day converse
    and time adorns the sky with the birthing of dreams
    my soul…

A truly magical time of the year.