A Memory Of June

Late June, given the faint glimpse of sun
cabbages, deep green along the edge
and a sigh for a many labored breath.

Some days I wish I could go back in time,
not to change anything, but to feel
the same things twice.

Sweet with a tinge of spice, cherry tomatoes
and rising steadily oh favoring wind,
I remember because it was when my heart
had finally beat its wings.

Photo credits:Β IFOODBLOGGER

Posted for ‘Tuesday Platform’ @ Real Toads

Posted for ‘Midweek Motif’ @ Poets United

and on Monday Writes @ My Blog – Verses

verses

64 thoughts on “A Memory Of June

Oh yes! To go back and feel the same thing twice, however the memories are sweet and we can say that was one of the best moemnts of my life and hold it dear forever. I have many of them and I am sure you must too Sanaa.

That’s a good way of looking at it πŸ˜€ Feelings are like waves, though we can’t resist them from coming but we can choose which ones to surf ❀️

That shish kebab is a perfect symbol of a tasty situation to go back to. Love it, Sanaa. Most of us can identify with wishing we could feel some things twice. A good wish that can’t come true.

3. Julian says:

Some days I wish I could go back in time,
    not to change anything, but to feel
    the same things twice……………………………..oh, to be able to feel those feelings again, love the way you’ve captured that in this stanza. Another fine piece of writing

4. kaykuala h says:

Some days I wish I could go back in time,
    not to change anything, but to feel
    the same things twice.

You’ve said it for many, Sanaa! We would want to savor things nice many times over!

Hank

5. Susan says:

Time travel might be far better than mere memory. Sigh. Yet until that reliving is possible, my memories will have to do. How beautifully you present this possibility and yearning.

6. Mary says:

I am with you, Sanaa. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and experience the same things twice as well – especially the good things. (Smiles) I think that is one good thing about poetry. If you write about something, you can revisit the experience again and again! I enjoyed your thoughtful poem, Sanaa.

I agree, we can indeed re-experience things by writing poetry!❀️ Thank you so much, Mary πŸ˜€ so glad you enjoyed it ❀️

7. panchali says:

My Goodness that was amazing, Sanaa! Your writing is so beautiful!! Each of these is the universe’s way of humbling us, of helping us grow and allowing us to re-frame the past from a place of gratitude for our present.