A Gentle Tale of Lust

The obsidian sky breathes down my back
leaving every line, every contour adored.
Nothing compares to brush of sweet lips,
dreams of leather upon burning hot skin
as night gives way to wanton, dark desire.
Do you trust lust enough to give me love?

Photo credits: Pinterest

Posted for “Quadrille #51″ @ Dverse Pub

Posted on poetry pantry @ pOETS uNITED

52 thoughts on “A Gentle Tale of Lust

I don’t often use the word “exquisite” to describe art–it just always feels like too much. But, goodness gracious, this is exquisite! The way you let us see into the mind of the speaker, how we can feel her feelings, how in the end we are almost overwhelmed (in the best of ways) by her longing to know…

2. Victoria Slotto says:

Lust gets the fires going, but true love endures–and it is not easy. For me, the true love comes when I see an old couple walking hand-in-hand, or a spouse caring for another. True love means putting oneself aside for the other. But, that being said, lust is a good ignition.

3. Leo says:

Lust to love, or love to lust. It goes both ways at times. I think goes between the two often too. Interesting verse.

Yikes! Never trust lust for there are so many other indicators of likely lasting love than that and they are usually in the smallest of things showing genuine care, concern and humour. What is love without laughter!

5. Mary says:

I like Victoria’s comment. Lust definitely is good ignition, but only time will tell whether it turns into love which stands the test of time.

6. Susan says:

When it is the wind doing the caressing, I fight the urge to take off all my clothes to embrace it. People, I am more wary of . . . but this poem is luscious!

7. Wendy Bourke says:

A lovely sensual piece – with a close that gives pause –
    ‘Do you trust lust enough to give me love?’ …
    intriguing and yet, perhaps, essential for romantic love, to last.

8. Rall says:

Lust and love.
    There are different kinds of love. The love you are referring to (agape) in essence must contain lust . And isn’t that a good thing. Sizzling poem.The Greeks understood all of these things 🙂